The Poona Blind Men’s Association
Year of establishment: 1952 by Late. Mr. T.S. Bamankar
Other Prestigious Projects Run By The Poona Blind Men’s Association:
- Shankarsheth Sable Institute of Ophthalmology.
- Laxmiben Rangildas Suratwala Institute of Ocular Surface Management.
- PBMA’s Dharamsey Nensey Super Specialty Eye Care Institute.
- PBMA’s Kamla Amul Massand Technical Training Institute.
- PBMA’s Shirdi Sai Baba Home for Aged Blind Woman.
- Talking Book Library
- Braille Press project.
- Sponsor a Granny/Grandad project.
- Antar Jyoti Marathi Braille magazine.
- Food grain distribution
The Poona Blind Men’s Association is extremely grateful to YOU for your valuable and steadfast support to the organization and for reposing trust and faith in our projects and services.
PBMA’S H.V. Desai Eye Hospital, which was set up in the year 2000, is providing ‘yeoman’ service to humanity, irrespective of colour, caste, creed and religion.
Our inspiration and motivation comes from YOU.
- H.V. Desai Eye Hospital: “It gives us immense pleasure to inform you that since inception (January 2000) till March, 2018, PBMA’s H.V. Desai Eye Hospital has examined 39,56,415 lakh patients in the OPD and performed 4,89,814 lakh eye surgeries.”
- Kantalaxmi Shah Eye Hospital: “At our PBMA’s Kantalaxmi Shah Eye Hospital, Nandurbar, we have examined 6,12,474 lakh patients and performed 48,269 eye surgeries.”
- Kantai Netralaya: “At PBMA’s Kantai Netralaya, we have examined 39,523 patients and performed 7,464 eye surgeries.”
“Over all The Poona Blind Men’s Association through its eye hospitals has conducted 5,45,574 eye surgeries. Out of these surgeries 65% surgeries have been performed absolutely free of charge along with one months’ medicine free.”
We need your support, once again, hence…
“Your Support is our true Strength” "Our combined efforts will help to bring the visually impaired from darkness to light”
Yours in the service of prevention of blindness,
For THE POONA BLIND MEN’S ASSOCIATION.
The following items were distributed to Blind Beneficiaries in Kind in 2018.
- Every month we distribute, 1. Wheat – 10 kgs., & 2. Rice – 5 kgs. to 216 blind families.
- From April to August 2018, we have distributed extra ration to around 27 blind families.
- In June 2018 we had distributed to 130 blind beneficiaries, 1. School / College bag with books, 2. Water bottle, 3. Lunch box & 4. Set of 5 gel pens. – The books provided to them is 30 dozen.
- Misc. items provided to them is 1. Raincoat- Ankush Gawde & Sangita Jagtap, 2. Sweater – Anil Kurana, 3. Slippers – Anthony Lazarus.
Medical aid provided to blind beneficiaries in 2018
|20-04-2018||Pallavi Bhalshankar||Rs. 64/-|
|21-04-2018||Sharda Lokhande,||Rs. 2,000/-|
|06-06-2018||Pallavi Bhalshankar,||Rs. 100/-|
|25-06-2018||Rajendra Kalbhor||Rs. 376/-|
|28-06-2018||Sheela Patil||Rs. 458/-|
|03-07-2018||Radhika Sandbhor||Rs. 243/-|
|05-07-2018||Pallavi Bhalshankar||Rs. 171/-|
|24-07-2018||Pallavi Bhalshankar||Rs. 280/-|
|30-07-2018||Pallavi Bhalshankar||Rs. 504/-|
|17-08-2018||Nivrutti Kamthe||Rs. 2,000/-|